Don’t have time to read it now? Pin it for later!
Scoopon is one of Australia’s leading daily deal companies and specialises in local, shopping and travel deals. Scoopon Travel is something I have used numerous times and hence I have created this Scoopon Travel Review.
Firstly, overall Scoopon specialises in the following:
- Shopping deals which host glorious amounts of bargains from shoes to toothpaste.
- Local deals which include local restaurants, beauty, education and entertainment at a discounted price.
- And finally, the Travel deals which, has a huge array of amazing bargains for the savvy and cheap traveller.
- If you are anything like me, you love to travel on the cheap. Cheap though does not mean small, dirty and disgusting. Cheap means picking up a bargain and getting bang for your buck (check out the photos below because some places I have stayed, such as the Visala in Bali, have been luxurious with a beer budget price tag). This is where Scoopon comes in and where at least 50% off normal price is standard. I have no doubt many of you have used Scoopon for travel purposes and are confident in doing so. I am writing this blog post to hopefully give some peace of mind to travellers who are sceptical about the process and believe it may be too good to be true.
Within Australia before purchasing a Scoopon Travel deal follow these six steps to ensure everything comes off without a hitch:
- Research the hotel that is on Scoopon to double check location and reviews.
- Always read ‘The Fine Print’ because this can include blackout dates (dates you are not allowed to book), high season surcharges (which can be SUPER expensive) and dates the Scoopon needs to be booked and used by so it does not become void.
- If that all checks out and suits your needs give them a call explaining you are considering purchasing a Scoopon but you want to check your dates are free first.
- If the dates are available to purchase the Scoopon and follow the instructions provided with the voucher to complete the booking. Some include direct contact with the hotel, others include using the Scoopon booking system, both I have used and had no issues with.
- When checking in to the hotel have a copy of the Scoopon voucher and any correspondence you had with the hotel as evidence. I have never needed to use it because they have always had my booking but it always better to be safe than sorry.
- Finally, remember to take advantage of the entirety of the Scoopon. Often Travel Scoopons have extras attached such as free parking, late checkout, breakfast and free wifi. If they ask you to pay refer back to your Scoopon voucher as evidence.
For international Scoopons the steps are the same but instead of racking up an expensive international phone call email them and be patient for a reply to confirm the dates you want are free. To be honest I have only ever used the international Scoopons in Indonesia but I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase them for other countries. I mean can you see the villa above? I have stayed there for $20 per night per person, including breakfast through Scoopon and I couldn’t fault it. If you are interested check out my review of Imaj Private Villas.
I must admit I have never purchased a Scoopon, which included flights. Therefore I don’t feel confident on making a judgement about those.
All Scoopons come with the following: ‘Peace of Mind Policy – if you change your mind and request a refund for any reason within 14 days of purchasing the Scoopon voucher and prior to confirming a booking, Scoopon will issue you with a refund to the value of your purchase. Simply contact the friendly Customer Service Team.’ This policy gives you some extra security if circumstances change within 14 days.
Please note The Traveller’s Guide By #ljojlo takes no responsibility if a situation with Scoopon does not work out perfectly using these tips from my Scoopon Travel Review. Obviously all situations are unique but if you carefully read the fine print and contact the hotel I can ensure this will minimise problems arising.
If you have any further questions or good/bad Scoopon stories please comment below.
Thanks – Lauren
(NOTE: all photos sourced from Scoopon)